At IMS Health, responsibility begins with our commitment to customers. It’s a commitment to doing all we can to advance the quality of global healthcare.
We also inspire our teams to behave responsibly, ethically and always with an awareness of the greater good. We extend that support to our communities, where IMS Health makes a lasting contribution to a range of cause-related projects, philanthropic and fundraising activities.
Customers count on us
Whether dealing with customers or suppliers, we are guided by core values and guiding principles that shape our approach to responsible, ethical business conduct:
- Observing the ethical standards of society: We will adhere to the highest standards of integrity and business ethics, and deal fairly with customers, suppliers, strategic partners and fellow employees.
- Confidentiality: We will respect the confidentiality of information we receive or create. That includes our commitment to protecting individual patient privacy as it relates to the data we analyze and distribute.
- Fairness and Integrity: We will compete vigorously, but fairly. Our rating, measurement and evaluation processes will be conducted with the utmost integrity.
- Environment, Health and Safety: We will operate our business in harmony with the environment and maintain a healthy and safe workplace.
- Dignity and Respect: We will maintain employment practices based on equal opportunity for all.
- Complying with the Law: We will abide by the letter and spirit of all applicable laws.
IMS Health people make the difference
The key to our success is our people, whose expertise, diversity and commitment set the standard for the industry.
We actively cultivate an environment where they can learn, grow and innovate; where integrity and respect for individual performance and collective success are core values; and where differences are encouraged. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IMS Health, for clients, and for the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
At IMS Health, the rights and well-being of our people — and employment practices based on equal opportunity for all — are protected through our Policy on Business Conduct.
IMS Health believes that better information lies at the heart of a better world. We support the work of academic and medical research institutions by offering our unique information and analytic assets, and consulting expertise, to researchers at special discounted pricing. IMS Health also considers pro bono support whenever possible.
In addition, a significant amount of IMS Health information useful to researchers conducting studies is readily available in the public domain. Our website includes a bibliography of publications and studies citing IMS Health information.
Connecting with the community
With cancer so pervasive in our society, IMS Health has made support for cancer prevention, treatment and research a focus of our corporate philanthropy efforts. Through our IMS Health Cares program, we help our colleagues help others by supporting their personal efforts on worthy, cancer-related causes. IMS Health supports employee fundraising activities with up to $150 per person annually for participating in local, community-focused events. We have contributed more than $1.5 million to cancer organizations around the world since 2008.
From Philadelphia to Singapore, from London to Tokyo, our employees are making a difference in the lives of others by running, walking, swimming and biking to support health initiatives. We’ve made major contributions to organizations including The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Fondation Pour la Recherche Medicale, and CancerCare.
These efforts are complemented by initiatives not necessarily focused on health, but that have an impact on local communities. In the U.S., we support higher education and encourage contributions to universities, colleges, and organizations that support educational institutions. For disaster relief, IMS Health matches employee contributions made to organizations such as the Red Cross. And, IMS Health has partnered with the United Way in Canada and the U.S., matching employee pledges 50 percent to advance the United Way’s mission of mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world.